Sunday 1 May 2016

Timeline for GSoC project

Hello,

I got accepted into GSoC this year and I am so excited to work with open source organization :). This summer I will be working on my project with OWASP ZSC and here is the link to my project on gsoc site. The project is Windows Shellcode and Code Obfuscation modules. So in my summer time I will be creating windows shellcode and code obfuscation modules for ZSC tool. The coding period officially starts from 23rd May and we are currently in community bonding period. In this period I have to familiarize my self with the organiszation, code base and interact with mentors and make plan about project before the full time coding begins. 

Here is my proposed timeline that I will be working on during coding period. So basically this project has two parts one is developing shellcodes for windows and second part is to add code obfuscation modules for different languages. I will be working first on shellcode part as I mentioned in my proposal most likely. I didn't write technical details of my projects which are on my proposal about shellcodes and modules on this post but I will write the technical details in next post after discussing with mentors and also more detailed timeline if possible. I will discuss with brian about shellcode part and which way I should go to develop shellcodes as in my proposal I mentioned two ways. I will try to make that discussion on mailing list mostly and if I have discussion on skype/telegram then I will post details on mailing list so that it can be helpful for others also.

My exams starts from 3rd May. So I will be less active from May 2 - 10 but I will check mailing list regularly and I have one more exam on 16th May(it was on 7th but was postponed) but I will be available from May 11 - May 15th. After my exams I will be able to work full time and I hope to complete project successfully and learn many things :)

In next blog I will add technical details for shellcode part and also add more details to timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment